Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Paul Anka - "You Are My Destiny" (1958)

I recently saw a romantic-comedy motion picture that played this tune "You Are My Destiny" at the most funny moment that I had to replay the tune for the next two days. The motion-picture (which I highly recommend you see) was a French film called LES EMOTIFS ANONYMES (Romantics Anonymous).


Paul Albert Anka, (born July 30, 1941) is a Canadian/American singer, songwriter, and actor. Anka first became famous as a teen idol in the late 1950s and 1960s with hit songs like "Diana'", "Lonely Boy", and "Put Your Head on My Shoulder". He went on to write such well-known music as the theme for The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson and one of Tom Jones's biggest hits, "She's a Lady", and the English lyrics for Frank Sinatra's signature song, "My Way". Anka became a naturalized US citizen in 1990.


"You Are My Destiny" is a song written and performed by Paul Anka that was released in 1958. It reached number seven on the US Billboard 100 early that year. The song was also released in the UK, where it reached number six.

No comments:

Post a Comment