Sunday, April 17, 2011

Paul Anka - Put Your Head On My Shoulder (1959)

"Put Your Head on My Shoulder" is a song written by Canadian singer-songwriter Paul Anka. Paul Anka's version, released as a single in 1959, became very successful, reaching number 2 on the Billboard Hot 100.

The song was repopularized when released as a single by "The Lettermen" in 1968. This version peaked just outside the top forty of the Hot 100, but continued their streak of top forty adult contemporary hits.

I have a dear friend who will cry everytime she hears this tune.  I can understand.  It's so touching.

1 comment:

  1. Obviously the original song was before me but Leif Garrett did a remake of it when I was younger and my sister must have played this record, a little 45, a million times. I know everyword to it thanks to her. LOL Love the song and enjoy the memory.

    ReplyDelete